"GM Format" Tip.

 :: General :: Suggestions

Go down

"GM Format" Tip.

Post by Speechie on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Jonathan wrote:Tips for GM applications.
-I don't care what a GM does, I want to know what YOU can bring to the server.

-Don't write stupid, retarded, shit that you can obviously do as a player. If you can do it as a player, do it. Don't write about it in your app.

-Don't make colorful paragraphs. Leave the whole topic one color. Make your app stand out not with colors, with words.

-Honesty is best, but do not be naive. Some examples would be like, "I like to troll". Leave those stuff out of your app.

-Take some time writing your application. Okay, this maybe just a private server and dalala, but think of this as an experience. You don't want to go to a CEO job interview wearing what 11 year youngin's wear. Same thing applies here. You don't want to tell us you have a maturity level of a 9 year old.

-Make sure you edit what you can edit & watch that grammar.

-DO NOT TYPE LIKE THIS. Rather than more attention, you'll get ignored.

-We're not looking for experience. I don't care if you were a GM for OdinMS. I'm looking for online activity and profession. Just because you were a GM in whatever maplestory private server, it will not increase your chances of getting promoted.

-We do want you fellow new recruits to be friendly, but you must have your moments when you have to be serious. If you are TOO friendly, people will ignore your words and think you're a joke. We don't want any of those people in our staff.

-Professionality is key.
__________________________________

Please wait 2 weeks to reapply after you get denied.
Format-

Name:

Gender:

IGN:

Age:

Timezone:

Date Joined:

Why are you applying for a Game master position:

Why should you be chosen for this position?
(What makes you different than others):


What do you think you can contribute to the server:

Do you have any experience as a GM?
If so please provide a picture/Screenshot:


Have you ever resigned from a staff position:

If yes, please include details/reasons why:

If you saw a Hacker what would you do? Explain clearly and concisely:

If two players were in a conflict, what would you do? Explain clearly and concisely:
(Make a skit. Something that describes the problem and how you will fix it)

Example
Code:
You:What's the problem?
Player1:dalaldlalalal
Player2:blahblahblah

Last thoughts/Summary:

I have seen, that when people usually make their GM Applications they most of the time get denied. and its because they forget to type in the "Last thought/Summary". i thin i know why they forget. well, i forgot once but i re editted mine. and its the "Code" that confuses people a bit i guess, so people think its the format is done and that's all. so i suggest u remove the "code" thing for the "if two players were in a conflict....." and put: "Questions & Answers". at the end of the GM Format.

Example:

Please wait 2 weeks to reapply after you get denied.
Format-

Name:

Gender:

IGN:

Age:

Timezone:

Date Joined:

Why are you applying for a Game master position:

Why should you be chosen for this position?
(What makes you different than others):

What do you think you can contribute to the server:

Do you have any experience as a GM?
If so please provide a picture/Screenshot:

Have you ever resigned from a staff position:

If yes, please include details/reasons why:

If you saw a Hacker what would you do? Explain clearly and concisely:

If two players were in a conflict, what would you do? Explain clearly and concisely:
(Make a skit. Something that describes the problem and how you will fix it)

Last thoughts/Summary:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions & Answers

Q: What do i type in for the "if two players were in a conflict, what whould you do? Explain clearly and concisely:
A:
Code:
You:What's the problem?
Player1:dalaldlalalal
Player2:blahblahblah

Info:

Q = Question
A = Answer




Just so people wont be confused! And get their application denied because of this.


Last edited by Speechie on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Speechie
Speechie
Forumer!

Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 22
Location : Sweden, InGame, Webbsite, Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "GM Format" Tip.

Post by ArghJo on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:42 pm

That's nice of you. however if you don't understand a format and it may mean that you are incapable of adapting yourself to new situations.
ArghJo
ArghJo
Forumer!

Posts : 292
Join date : 2011-10-22
Age : 23
Location : Picking up hoes in bars.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "GM Format" Tip.

Post by Speechie on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:31 am

Lol... i dont fully understand you but... i'v seen it happen to many people, on their app.
this is a suggestion of how to let their app not get Denied in the first 5 hours.
Speechie
Speechie
Forumer!

Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 22
Location : Sweden, InGame, Webbsite, Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "GM Format" Tip.

Post by Jams on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 pm

She's saying that if people aren't even capable of reading the format correctly, they do not have the qualifications to be a GM
Jams
Jams
Forumer!

Posts : 220
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "GM Format" Tip.

Post by ArghJo on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:43 am

^ That<3
ArghJo
ArghJo
Forumer!

Posts : 292
Join date : 2011-10-22
Age : 23
Location : Picking up hoes in bars.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "GM Format" Tip.

Post by Speechie on Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:57 am

haha yeh i get it, but my point is, that sometimes that "code" thing distracts them eand they think thats all you needa use for the format.
Speechie
Speechie
Forumer!

Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 22
Location : Sweden, InGame, Webbsite, Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "GM Format" Tip.

Post by Jams on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:41 pm

Speechie wrote:haha yeh i get it, but my point is, that sometimes that "code" thing distracts them eand they think thats all you needa use for the format.
EXACTLY...
for the 399402952 time, if people cannot even realize the correct format, they clearly do not have the classification to be a GM, as they are clearly let's say in a non offensive way, retarded.
Jams
Jams
Forumer!

Posts : 220
Join date : 2011-10-04
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "GM Format" Tip.

Post by Speechie on Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:20 pm

Jams wrote:
Speechie wrote:haha yeh i get it, but my point is, that sometimes that "code" thing distracts them eand they think thats all you needa use for the format.
EXACTLY...
for the 399402952 time, if people cannot even realize the correct format, they clearly do not have the classification to be a GM, as they are clearly let's say in a non offensive way, retarded.

you just called me retarded Sad

but its alright lol i alrdy re editted mine. and besides this is just an idea!!
Speechie
Speechie
Forumer!

Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 22
Location : Sweden, InGame, Webbsite, Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "GM Format" Tip.

Post by ArghJo on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Speechie wrote:
Jams wrote:
Speechie wrote:haha yeh i get it, but my point is, that sometimes that "code" thing distracts them eand they think thats all you needa use for the format.
EXACTLY...
for the 399402952 time, if people cannot even realize the correct format, they clearly do not have the classification to be a GM, as they are clearly let's say in a non offensive way, retarded.

you just called me retarded Sad

but its alright lol i alrdy re editted mine. and besides this is just an idea!!
He didn't call you retarded, he said the people who don't understand it are retarded
ArghJo
ArghJo
Forumer!

Posts : 292
Join date : 2011-10-22
Age : 23
Location : Picking up hoes in bars.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "GM Format" Tip.

Post by Speechie on Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:48 pm

ArghJo wrote:
Speechie wrote:
Jams wrote:
Speechie wrote:haha yeh i get it, but my point is, that sometimes that "code" thing distracts them eand they think thats all you needa use for the format.
EXACTLY...
for the 399402952 time, if people cannot even realize the correct format, they clearly do not have the classification to be a GM, as they are clearly let's say in a non offensive way, retarded.

you just called me retarded Sad

but its alright lol i alrdy re editted mine. and besides this is just an idea!!
He didn't call you retarded, he said the people who don't understand it are retarded

i know. and at first i didnt understand it .... :'(
Speechie
Speechie
Forumer!

Posts : 113
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 22
Location : Sweden, InGame, Webbsite, Forum

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "GM Format" Tip.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 :: General :: Suggestions

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum